Sunday 12 January 2014

Pauline

I was born and brought up in a small village in Wiltshire. I relocated to the Leamington area several years ago following the break-up of my first marriage. Since moving to the area I returned to study, graduating with a degree in Applied Social Science in the late nineteen nineties. I currently work as a mentor in a local residential college for students who are disabled.

My passion for reading and writing began in childhood and has stayed with me throughout my life. My father introduced to me the classics, which ignited my lust for literature and my first husband kept the flame burning with his love of the same.
While still at junior school I wrote several ‘novels’, they just about filled an exercise book, for which I won several prizes.

As a working mother of five children, all of whom have now grown up and left home, it has sometimes been difficult to find the time to continue writing, but I have always done so. I have completed three novels, two of which have been short listed for national prizes. 

 Over the years I have been a member of several writers groups, but recently it hasn’t been possible to find one that met at a time convenient for me. I was, therefore, delighted when five people responded to my request to begin a group of our own. 

I am also a member of a reading circle, which meets monthly.

Pauline

No comments:

Post a Comment