Saturday 11 January 2014

Douglas



In this life, I came to Earth under a kitchen table in North London while my old (for children) mum and midwife sheltered from a bombing raid. I seem always to be a late arriver and developer.



I left school at 18. On my first day in work my training officer told me to get qualified, move around to other jobs and never trust anyone. Good advice - I tried to trust people once.



Trained, while working, as a figures engineer and moved to - Bedfordshire where I met my future wife - Lincolnshire where we lived under the flight path for Vulcans - Buckinghamshire where I helped create my children and also jobs, homes and amenities for others. Gained an OU degree, including TAD292. In 1992 moved to a new job in Warwickshire where I started working for myself in 1999 and began writing in June 2010.



Up to 2010 I had only written fiction in business reports. I set myself a target of writing a million words in three years. It has taken a little longer but target achieved January 2014. I have now started the hard part of self-editing and restructuring. Self-published a small book of short stories Ywnwab! in September 2013 to gain experience of the publishing cycle. Calvin contributed and helped me with my awful grammar and punctuation. Ywnwab! is available on Amazon.co.uk in Kindle and paperback versions. Just search Ywnwab! on Amazon.



I write fiction as The Allrighters, pushing my characters in the Cross family beyond normal boundaries into fantasies and the impossible, which I would like to experience for real instead of only in my thoughts and dreams. I prefer writing short stories. My Plan A is to put all my writing as best as I can together in about 20 books and put them on a shelf at home and as e books on Amazon before the Grim Reaper arrives. Hopefully, as a last big life job well done … may try to interest a traditional publisher to get the little irritating mainstream publishing monkey off my shoulder before I go.

Douglas
(revised 22 1 14 and 26 3 14)

No comments:

Post a Comment