Saturday 8 February 2014

Margarita


One day when I was in Year 3 we were asked to write down what we wanted to be when we grew up. Without hesitating, I scribbled ‘writer’. Since then, I have always written, on and off, finding time when I can despite life rudely getting in the way.

 

I enjoy writing short stories – which I occasionally enter into competitions – and am working on a couple of longer pieces. I particularly like flash fiction and using a random word generator to set my topic.

 

A Surrey girl born and bred, I spent my whole life in London and the Home Counties except for a couple of brief sojourns to locations not-too-far-north for uni. I am a relative newbie to Leamington Spa, re-locating a few years ago for my husband’s job. I have grown to love the town, its gorgeous architecture, independent shops and café culture.

 

I am currently on maternity leave and spend most of my days trying to keep up with my 7 month old who is obsessed with crawling at high speed towards anything dangerous. I am also learning how to drive.
 
Margarita

 

No comments:

Post a Comment